Electrical Engineer with multi-faceted background encompassing software engineering, control systems development & buildings design/construction. Developed specialties in interactive data science & visualisation, desktop & web full stack development and technical writing. Proven ability to work apart of multi-disciplinary teams to design, develop, and integrate software solutions to increase efficiency & quality and reduce human-error.
My CV and honours thesis are linked below (PDF download). My professional experience thus far is:
- Current Founder & Principal Consultant at Cyberlytica
- Freelance digital services company specialising in data services.
- Services include data analytics, visualisation & automation.
- Full stack development, packaging and distribution of solutions.
- Current Graduate Electrical Engineer at AECOM (since Jan 2019)
- 2017 - 2018 Undergraduate Electrical Engineer at AECOM
- Development of scientific computing software for environmental data sets.
- Saved approximately 900 working hours through automation.
- Pioneered and lead an Australia wide Microsoft Excel training session.
- Lighting design, lightning protection system design, PLC network design.
- Reticulation design, switchboard & switch room design.
- Construction support for defence & education projects and site inspections.
- Electrical drafting in AutoCAD and Revit.
- Tools: Python, git, VBA, AutoCAD, Revit, MySQL, Plotly, Bokeh, Pandas
- 2016 - 2018 Undergraduate Electrical Engineer at Hunter H2O
- PLC, SCADA & HMI design for water network infrastructure.
- Telemetry system & radio network design.
- Cable schedules & electrical protection schemes.
- Tools: Python, SCADAPack Workbench, ViewX, Unity Pro
- 2014 - 2018 Timber Expert & Forklift Operator at Bunnings Warehouse
- Used safety procedures to reduce risk within an unrestricted workzone.
- Detailed advice to customers on building materials & techniques.
- Customer service, cashier, in store loss prevention.
Air Quality Toolkit
- Developed, packaged and distributed software to automate tasks reducing a week long task to seconds.
- Developed re-sampling tooling such that high frequency atmospheric data can be used in models.
- Built interactive data visualisation tooling to communicate data with clients.
- Responsibilities: Full stack development, packaging, distribution
Vulnerability Mapping Tool
Hunter Joint Organisation By utilising statistical data and region-specific data, Jack was able to develop software that determines the vulnerability of communities. By visualising this data in an online, interactive form, this was then distributed to the relevant councils to assist in disaster relief planning.
- Automated GIS analysis to model vulnerability of communities to natural disasters, saving time and enhancing reproducibility.
- Compiled various sources of statistical and functional information to model vulnerability.
- Developed interactive visualisation to assist data driven decision making.
- Responsibilities: Statistical analysis, automated GIS, data visualisation
Mental Health Asset Condition Assessments
- Worked a part of a multidisciplinary team to audit active mental health wards across Victoria to allow the government to make data driven decisions on maintenance and upgrades.
- Responsibilities: Building services (electrical \& fire) audits, data automation
Honeysuckle Campus Development
Jack is part of a multidisciplinary team undertaking the design of the new UoN 1A building in the new Honeysuckle campus. This includes lighting, power, communications, dry fire, mechanical, structural and hydraulics. Jack is responsible for providing electrical engineering support during the design phase of this project
- Delivered electrical designs & drafting work in a multidisciplinary team for the new UoN 1A building in the new Honeysuckle campus.
- Worked a part of a multidisciplinary team undertaking the design of the new UoN 1A building in the new Honeysuckle campus.
- Responsibilities: Lighting design, electrical design \& electrical drafting in Revit
In Home Appliance Scheduler Using Home Area Network
- Designed, developed and constructed a home area network capable of monitoring and controlling appliances in accordance with an optimized schedule.
- Responsibilities: Embedded development, networking, databases, algorithm design, technical writing, data analysis, Android app development